- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to make great Deep Fried Mushrooms
Preparation and cooking
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 cups water
2 lbs quartered Portabella mushrooms
Deep fryer with 6 cups of frying oil.
4 oz black pepper
1/4 stick salted butter
- Melt the butter in a microwave and add the black pepper to it in a cup.
Cut a small slice in each mushroom and then pour a bit of the peppered butter inside.
- Mix and stir the flour and garlic salt. Mix and stir in the eggs and water. Add a dash of salt and black pepper for zing.
- Prepare the deep fryer and make sure it is up to temperature.Test to see if fryer is hot enough by adding some of the battered flour and see if it browns & rises to the top.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and then place them in the fryer. Fry a few at a time until golden brown, 2 to 6 minutes. Remove mushrooms from the fryer and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.