How To Make Homemade Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bran Muffins Recipe
These muffins are perfect if you want a healthier substitute for cupcakes. True, they’re chocolate with chocolate chips, but they are filled with fiber and the dark chocolate is better for you than milk chocolate.
This recipe makes 12 muffins in a regular 12 cup muffin tin.
1 and ½ cup wheat bran
1 cup milk (whole or vitamin d)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup ground chocolate
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree f.
2. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with 12 cupcake foil cups.
3. In a large bowl add milk to the bran and let soak 10 minutes.
4. In small bowl beat oil, egg, sugar, vanilla together.
5. Add oil and egg mixture to bran and mix until well blended.
6. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
7. Add flour mixture to bran mixture and mix until blended.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Fill foil-lined muffin cups in a 12 cup muffin tin (roughly 3-4 spoonful for each muffin).
10. Bake 20 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Pie with Homemade Whipped Cre...
I didn't like rhubarb pie until I had it with another fruit added. This is the way I make it with strawberries. Thought I would share it and my homemade whipped cream. Enjoy.
- My Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracke...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips. They're more healthy than plain cookies and taste great. Enjoy!