How to make homemade spinach pie using silver beet
This is a delicious way to make spinach pie or silver beet pie I guess you would call it.Silver beet is always growing wildly in our garden and I find this is a great recipe to get some use out of it. To make this recipe you will need 3-4 eggs, around 1 cup of cheese, 1 white onion finely chopped however you could use red onion if you like, 3 large silver beet leaves or spinach leaves,2 sheets of puff pastry and 2 cloves or garlic finely chopped(optional)
This is a great pie for vegetarians as it is 100% vegetarian.
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 3 large leaves silver beet/spinach, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3-4 Eggs
- First you need to chop your onion, garlic and thinly slice your silver beet leaves also don't forget to get your 2 sheets of puff pastry out of the freezer to defrost and preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit.
- Now you want to add your onion, garlic and silver beet/spinach leaves to a mixing bowl
- Whisk 3-4 eggs and then pour them into your mixing bowl over your onion, garlic and silver beet.
- Now add your grated cheese you will probably need around 1 cup of grated cheese however it depends how cheesy you want it. Now mix all your ingredients together.
- Now you want to get your oven proof dish I am using a tin baking dish and place one sheet of puff pastry on the bottom of the baking dish
- Now add your mixture to the baking dish and spread it evenly around the baking dish so that it cooks evenly
- Once you have done this place your 2nd sheet of puff pastry on top and press it firmly around the top of the baking dish. Also don't forget to poke some holes in the top of the pie to let some air out.
- Now place your pie into your oven which you have preheated while you have been preparing your pie. You want to bake this pie for around 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit.