Recipe for How to Make Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
How to Make Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
How to Make Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
MEATBALLS RECIPE : HOW TO MAKE MEATBALLS WITHOUT BREADCRUMBS
Is it possible to make meatballs without breadcrumbs? Yes! Would you like to know how, with a good recipe? Please continue reading to see how to make meatballs without breadcrumbs!
- I had some lean ground meat in the freezer and was in the mood to make some meatballs, but I had no breadcrumbs on hand for making the meatballs.
- I had never made meatballs without this ingredient, breadcrumbs before, and I did not know of any good substitutions for the breadcrumbs.
Whether you don't have breadcrumbs in the pantry or just don't eat this item, there are still many ways to make firm, delicious meatballs without the help of breadcrumbs.
It is possible to use other types of ingredients to bind the meatballs and help the meatballs to hold their shape.
Possible Breadcrumb Substitutes
- Uncooked rice
- All-purpose flour
- Crushed-up crackers
When I was thinking about how to make the meatballs, I decided to have my meatballs without breadcrumbs recipe include bits from each of these breadcrumb substitutions, along with the spice mixture that I generally like to use for the meatballs. My meatballs are full of flavor—they are even a bit spicy.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons white rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- If meat is frozen, allow to thaw completely. Rinse and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the meat with all spices. Add 1 egg and mix.
- Mix in uncooked rice and flour. Continue to combine until mixture is uniformly blended.
- Shape into balls.
- In a skillet that is coated with olive oil, saute meatballs and allow to cook until they turn from pink to brown.
Meatballs (Without Sauce)
|Calories from Fat||315|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 35 g||54%|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55%|
|Carbohydrates 57 g||19%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 57 g||114%|
|Cholesterol 1089 mg||363%|
|Sodium 2789 mg||116%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Preparing the Tomato Sauce
- fresh tomatoes, washed
- Wash tomatoes and cut the skin in crosses.
- Place into simmering water until the skins peel back.
- Peel the skins off while the tomatoes are still warm. Cut out the bit where the stem joins the tomato.
- Puree in a stick blender or food processor.
- Push puree through sieve to remove seeds.
- Add to skillet with meatballs. Simmer with salt and a little citric acid or lemon juice. Add a little water to thin if desired.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
Choose Your Pasta
Pair this meatballs without breadcrumbs recipe with your choice of pasta. I recommend eating spaghetti or fettuccine with the breadcrum free meatballs. I use a whole wheat fettuccine for a bit more fiber.
Spaghetti and meatballs is often presented with the meatballs and sauce over the pasta and not mixed in. For the best taste, I mix the sauce and meatballs without breadcrumbs together to infuse their flavor. The result is quite delicious!
Alternatives to Pasta
If you are avoiding pasta, consider these healthy alternatives:
- Meatballs and sauce with a side salad.
- Meatballs and sauce with cooked butternut squash.
What do you prefer?
Would you prefer trying to make meatballs with or without the breadcrumbs?
What would be your favorite type of meatballs to prepare and eat?
Do you have a favorite type of meatballs?
Please rate this recipe. Thanks!
Below are some YouTube clips featuring other recipe ideas for making meatballs without breadcrumbs.
In the first video, while breadcrumbs are not used, some soft soaked bread is used for the meatballs.
The third video below even mentions using garbanzo beans in the mixture for the meatballs.
1. Authentic Italian
2. Easy Baked Recipe
3. Low-Carb Recipe (With Garbanzo Beans)
4. Low-Carb Recipe
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH