How to make muffins - The Best Dark Chocolate Muffin Recipe
Why this recipe?
This is a great simple recipe for how to make dark chocolate muffins. I don't use any cocoa powder in my chocolate muffins just real 70% dark chocolate - leaving them rich and moist and totally yummy.
This is a simple muffin recipe and is easily adaptable if you want to add extra ingredients like nuts or dried fruit.
Rate this recipe
- 5oz Dark 70% Chocolate, Broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups Plain white flour
- 1/2 cup Soft brown sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Chocolate chunks or chips
- First prep your muffin tin - either using butter to grease the tins or using paper cups Pre-heat your oven to 180C or 350F
- Melt the butter and chocolate chunks together either in a bowl over a saucepan of water or in a microwave - I find using a microwave on a lower power for 1 min at a time is best. 50% power if you are able to on 3/4 separate minutes works for me, just make sure to stir it well after each time.
- Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and mix together
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg and gradually add the milk
- Mix the egg mixture into the dry ingredients a bit at a time, until it is all combined. If it seems a little too dry or sticky add a little more milk but no more than 1/4 cup.
- Add the chocolate gradually until the whole amount is added and fully combined with the batter, it should be a smooth colour throughout
- Next add the chocolate chunks - or any other ingredient you wish such as nuts or dried fruit - and mix so they are evenly combined
- Fill each of your muffin cups 2/3's and place in the centre of your oven for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool Then Enjoy!
My Other Sweet Recipes
- The Most Amazing Chocolate Toblerone and Strawberry ...
Possibly the most amazing cheesecake ever made! This Chocolate Toblerone and Strawberry Cheesecake recipe is just to die for. Be the envy of all your friends by producing this delicious dessert at the next dinner party.
- Christmas Smarties Cookie Recipe in a Jar
Fancy giving your friends and family some home made gifts this year, why not try some cookie mix in a jar? This is a great Smarties, chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookie recipe mix that'll fit nicely in a 1 quart jar.
- How to make the perfect Rocky Road - A chocolate roc...
A great simple recipe for a yummy Rocky Road treat. Combining Chocolate, biscuits, marshmallows and other ingredients to make this great yummy treat.