How To Make Orange Marmalade
My homemade orange marmalade
How to make orange marmalade
This is a first class yummy homemade orange marmalade recipe. There are literally thousands of sites in the internet offering homemade orange marmalade recipes. Let me add another one here. You can try this recipe, and decide for yourself which one is better. I use the term “better” because, frankly I don’t think there is such a claim of “best” orange marmalade, homemade or otherwise. After all, taste is also quite personal and subjective.
Let’s get on to the business. This is how to make orange marmalade.
Soft-skin oranges after boiling. I used 6 because they were not big.
The rind slices and the flesh cube of 1 orange
The rind strips
The chopped orange flesh
Homemade orange marmalade recipe
4 large oranges
1.25 liters water
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon Brandy or Cointreau
1. Wash and scrub clean the oranges.
2. Put the oranges in a large saucepan.
3. Pour in the water.
4. Bring to boil under medium heat, and then gently simmer uncovered for 1 hour or until orange skin turns soft. Do not boil under high heat because the oranges may burst. To test whether the skin is soft, poke with a sharp object, or with the sharp end of a knife.
5. Remove oranges and leave to cool. Do not pour away the water which will be used later.
6. Slice off four sides of each orange plus the top and bottom, leaving a cube of orange flesh. (Refer photo on the right showing one of the cut oranges)
7. Cut the orange rind into very fine thin strips.
8. Chop the orange cubes also into very fine pieces. Discard all the seeds.
9. Put all the chopped pieces back into the saucepan.
10. Add the lemon juice.
11. Bring to boil under medium heat for 30 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
12. Add sugar, reduce heat and stir to dissolve the sugar.
13. Then bring to boil again under medium heat while continue to stir for 30 minutes, or until the contents jell into marmalade.
14. Add in the Brandy or Cointreau, and stir to mix.
15. When cool, transfer to airtight glass jars.
The chopped orange flesh and rind in the pot ready to boil
The final result : Homemade orange marmalade
You should have the luscious tangy homemade orange marmalade as shown in the photos below!!
Enjoy your well-deserved effort!
You may also like to try out the recipe of my more exotic "jam" called "Kaya : coconut milk egg custard jam".
The Final Product : Homemade Orange Marmalade
Link to my other interesting and beneficial articles
If you find this article interesting or beneficial, you may go to my "Profile" page to read my other articles by simply CLICKHERE:
By the way, the copyright to this article is owned by Good Guy. Please do not “copy and paste”! Thank you.