- Food and Cooking
How to make skittles vodka easily and fast
Its the new craze...
its sugary, its fruity, it tastes like melted popsicles...
Basically, this drink is every grown adult(s) dream. At least, those of you who aren't afraid of "girly" drinks. This drink may be "pretty" but it certainly packs a punch with pure vodka.
Quite possibly the best thing about skittles vodka is the fact that it can be reasonably cheap to make, fairly easy to put together, and you aren't breaking any known (known by ME) laws.
So, here ya go.
You will need:
- 1.75 liter of vodka (it doesn't really matter if its good or not, honestly)- about 9.99
- 1 big bag of skittles (the BIG bag) about $4.00
- 5 empty waterbottles (whatever size you want. the smaller they are, the more skittles flavor will come through) I used the walgreens offbrand small waterbottles that were 2.49 per 10 pack, so I had enough for two rounds :)
You will eventually need:
- a mesh strainer
- a coffee filter or five.
- 5 cute little glass/plastic bottles for your finished skittles vodka (especially if you plan on remaking this ...which you will!)
All you do is take your empty and dry water bottles and line them up. Separate the colors of the skittles into the five bottles (purple, green, yellow, orange, red). If you don't do this step and you mix them together, you will get a very ucky mud color so I recommend taking the time to separate all the colors. You will use up the whole bag so just keep filling those water bottles until you are out of skittles.
- Fill each water bottle to the top with your vodka. You should have just enough vodka for all five bottles.
Place the bottles just about anywhere (I have them in the closet) and shake every once in a while for a day or two or until all of the skittle pieces are dissolved. Note that there will be floating white flecks.
At the end of day three you want to strain your vodka. Simply use your mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter. I found that pouring each mixture though the mesh strainer (slowly so you don't overflow) into a measuring cup with a pouring lip was best for me. You may have to switch out coffee filters a few times once they start to get full of the white candy flecks.
Once a color has been fully strained (might take a few times) you can put it in your designated container. make sure to rinse out the measuring cup you use and start with a fresh coffee filter for each color so there isn't any mixing.
Once all five bottles are completed, you can store your new colorful spirits in the freezer. This tastes best by adding a few shots to glass of seven up or seltzer water. You can do shots, but they are going to be sugary so be prepared for that! Enjoy!