- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
How to prepare Coconut rice using a Microwave?
Coconut rice (I added a pinch of turmeric powder to half of them, just to add a dash of freshness! You can, of course, skip this).
- 200 gm rice, washed
- 1 tbsp ghee/oil
- 4 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 2 tbsp groundnuts
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- 300 ml water
- 1 tsp urad dal (black lentil)
- 1 tsp chana dal (chick pea lentil)
- 3 dry red chillies, broken into pieces
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 9-10 curry leaves
- asafoetida, a pinch
- Microwave the rice (covered) with water and salt at 100% for 10 min. and keep aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, put oil/ghee and add groundnuts, coconut and mustard seeds and microwave covered for 2-3 mins at 100% power. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and microwave at 100% power for 1-2 min.
- Now mix the boiled rice to it. Mix well and microwave covered for 2 min. at 80% power. Standing time of 2 min. to be given. Serve hot with a chutney/raita (spiced curd)
Please spare a moment to rate this dish