- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Peanut Butter Cookies
Make Peanut Butter Cookies with Kisses
Can you make peanut butter cookies next time?
Of course that question pops up almost every time I make cookies of any type - I've got two die-hard peanut butter lovers among The Horde. Their grandfather was the same way - when I was a teenager I figured out the best way to either get out of trouble or to get money for something I most likely didn't need was to make peanut butter cookies for my Daddy.
I now make these for the children, and I've taught them how to make them. I tell them they can have all the junk food they want, with two conditions. It has to be homemade and they have to make it themselves. This delicious little cookie almost made that rule backfire on me. First, they're so good that they don't care about the extra work, and secondly, they're super easy peanut butter cookies, so it doesn't deter them at all. My nephew even figured out about putting the chocolate kisses right into the flattened dough. Now if I could only get them to do the dishes afterwards....
Make Peanut Butter Cookies Classic
The Recipe - How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 18 ounces peanut butter, creamy or chunky either one
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts (optional)
Make Peanut Butter Cookies
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preaheat oven to 350F. Grease lightly or line with parchment paper or Silpat a couple of baking sheets.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and the egg yolk one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you work. Stir in vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into peanut butter mixture, stirring just until fully combined. Stir in peanuts.
- With a tablespoon or small disher, scoop out 1 inch balls and roll until rounded. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork to make the crosshatch marks. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until turning golden. Do not over-bake!
- All the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Visit the Website
- The Thrillbilly Gourmet
Combining classic technique with everyday food for spectacular results. Eat real food!