- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Huge Chocolate Chip Cookies
You know what I am talking about. Those huge chocolate chip cookies that you see in the bakery. The ones that practically beg you to take a bit of their goodness. The cookies that are so large you can start to feel the sugar clogging in your veins from the smell alone.
Well, my cookie friends, you are in luck, for I have just the recipe for you.
This recipe is for huge chocolate ship cookies that will have your kids singing the hallelujah chorus and have you tip-toeing down to the kitchen in the middle of the night to have another.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the cookie sheets. Don't skip this or the cookies will not spread out enough.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and the white and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until it is light and creamy.(Make sure that your butter is not hot or you will find yourself with cooked egg.)
- Mix in the dry ingredients in increments of about 1/2 cup. Mix until just blended. (Do not let the cookie dough get dry, it should be nice and sticky.)
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1/4 cup, drop the cookie dough onto the greased cookie sheet. Make sure to place the dough at least 3 inches apart as they will get big.
- Bake for 16-18 mins or until the edges are golden brown. Cool these goodies on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack.
And there you have it. Huge, delicious cookies that everyone will love.