Hummous with Chick Peas and Tamari
Please Rate this Recipe for Hummous
Hummous or Hummus
Whether you pronounce it whoommus or hummmmus the familiar taste and texture of this healthy and flexible dip usually gets an MMmmmmmm from the taster. This version of the familiar recipe has a touch of Tamari (or you can use a light soy) which adds an interesting flavour and enhances the lemon.
Ingredients for Hummous
- 1 can 540ml/19fl oz chick peas - drained
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (do not substitute)
- 1/8 cup Tamari or light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Coriander or Parsley (optional)
Method for Hummous
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until they are combined. Texture should be slightly rough or blend until smooth if that texture is preferred.
- Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice on top, and garnish with cilantro or parsley. Or, place in refrigerator until required without olive oil and lemon juice topping, until ready to serve. Stores in airtight container for up to 7 days in refrigerator.
© 2013 Lizam1