Hungry? Easy to Make Egg-Pita
Pita as the number of diners
2 eggs per diner
Pesto spread / Pizza sauce / Garlic butter / Za'atar (not required)
1. Cut the pita top and leave the margins and bottom intact.
2. On the bottom of the pita, you can smear pesto/pizza sauce/garlic butter/za'atar (not mandatory, you can also not smear anything, it still came out very tasty).
3. Break 2 eggs into the pita (sometimes one egg is enough, depending on pita size), season with salt and pepper.
4. You can also sprinkle with grated cheese or pieces of sausage (or whatever else you like, get creative).
5. Bake in the oven until the eggs are completely baked or slightly soft (note that the degrees in the oven are not overheated so the pita will not burn).
6. Serve hot with a side salad and you have a perfect, delicious, simple and satisfying meal.
How did your egg-pita come out? let me know in the comment section.
© 2020 Liat Zachs