- Chicken: ½ Kg or 1 pound.
- Onion: Red 2 big ones.
- Tomato: 1 Normal size.
- Curd or Yogurt: 1/3 cup.
For spice paste:
- Garlic: 7 to 8 cloves
- Ginger: 1 inch piece
- Green Chilies: 2
- Poppy Seeds: 2 Tsp.
- Dry Chilies: 2 or as per your taste.
For Spice powder:
- Oil: 5 Tbsp.
- Cumin: ½ Tsp
- Coriander / cilantro Seeds: 1 ½ Tsp.
- Clove: 5
- Chili Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Black pepper: ½ Tsp.
- Cinnamon: 1 Inch Piece.
- Turmeric: ½ Tsp
- Salt: ½ Tsp or to taste.
- Whole Garam Masala: Pepper corns 6, 2 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon.
- Kashmir Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp (basically used for red colour in the curry.)
- Oil: 5 Tbsp
- First of all Take warm water and soak dry chilies in it for 10 minutes and then take them out and keep aside.
- Wash the chicken and drain all excess water.
- Now in the chicken add little salt and chili powder and rub well.
- Add yogurt and mix well with chicken.
- Cover the bowl and set aside.
- Now take a heavy base deep pan.
- Heat ½ Tbsp of oil.
- Bring the heat to low.
- In the oil add all the ingredients of spice powder and cook till they are little bit darker.
- Take them out of the pan and let them cool. When they are cool, put them in a grinder and grind to fine powder.
- Cover and set aside.
- Now put all the ingredients of spice paste and put them in a grinder and grind them well.
- Keep them aside.
- Now take the onions and finely chop them.
- Now in a pan, heat 5 Tbsp oil.
- Now in a mortar pestle, put the ingredients of Garam Masala and grind them coarsely.
- Now add this grinded Garam Masala in the heated oil.
- Now turn the heat to medium.
- When the Garam Masala looks cooked add chopped onions.
- Add little bit salt and heat over the medium heat till the onions turn golden brown. Usually takes 5 minutes or so.
- Now add spice paste, Kashmiri chili and Turmeric Powder.
- Cook till the oil leaves the sides.
- Now chop the tomato and put it in the pan with ½ Tsp of salt.
- Mix well and cover the pan.
- Cook till the tomatoes are soft and oil floats on surface.
- Now add chicken with marinade.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or more on medium heat.
- Cook till you see some oil on the top.
- Now add 2 cups of warm water and increase the heat to high.
- Cover the lid and put some water on the top of lid.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add spice powder.
- Mix well.
- Take off the heat.
- Hyderabadi Chicken is ready to be served.
- This is very hot recipe. If your palate is not used to hot food then you can reduce the amount of chilies.
- You can increase the amount of water if you need more curry.
- Always use heavy base pan.
More Chicken Recipes
- Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken is quite an easy dish to make. Not only it is easy to make but also ingredients are easily available and doesn’t take much effort or expertise to make it. A must try at home.
- Chili Chicken In Balti
Chili Chicken In Balti is very easy to make. It looks delicious and beautiful. Chili Chicken In Balti is good for parties too and guests enjoys it as snacks as well as as side dish.
- Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe
Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe is as tasty as it looks. Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe is easy to make and ingredients are easily available. Great snack and kids just love it
- Sweet Garlic Chicken
Again this garlic chicken is not only very tasty but also very easy to make. Ingredients are easily available and easy to make. The sweet garlic chicken is good for children. Very tasty and Yummy.
- Lemongrass Chicken
Lemongrass chicken comes from Vietnam. It is simple to make & tasty to eat. it uses 3 tbsp of oil to cook so this chicken so this is a healthy dish. lemongrass chicken is big on taste & aroma is great
- Sesame chicken
Seasame oil chicken cooks in time and is very pleasent to eye. Dish from malasia is very tender and yummy. Sesame chicken has great aroma of garlic and its ingradients are simple and easily available.