- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
I LOVE TO COOK - easy, delicious and nutritious food
Roasted veges with honey and balsamic
You can roast on your barbecue!
Roasting on a barbecue gives an amazing texture and keeps the heat out of your kitchen
- 1kg potatoes, floury potatoes are best
- 1 kg carrots and/or parsnips
- 1 kg kumara, or sweet potatoes
- 1 kg beetroot, whole
- bunch fresh herbs, rosemary and thyme work well
- whole bulb garlic, broken into pieces - minced can be used
- drizzle olive oil
- drizzle runny honey
- drizzle balsamic vinegar
- himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper
preheat oven or barbecue to 375F/gas5
- Bring 3 pans of water to the boil, add salt to the water. Parboil veges separately - potatoes, beets, and root veges. 5-10 minutes, or until half cooked. Drain potatoes and leave to steam dry. Add potatoes back to hot pan and shake to slightly break the edges up. Leave rest of veges in their hot pan but do not shake.
- In a large pan drizzle olive oil. Add potatoes and rosemary, half lf garlic, season with salt and pepper. Place rest of root veges and beets in pan - keep beets separated from rest of veges or you will have a fully red dish! drizzle well with lots of olive oil and season well.
- Scatter remaining garlic and roast for approx 20-30 minutes, lightly shake pan every now and again and cook until everything is crispy, golden and delicious.
- Approx 10 minutes before they are ready, drizzle honey on veges and balsamic to the beets, return to oven or barbecue.