Delicious Peach Recipe Ideas
From Ice Lollies To Cold Drinks
- Peaches are found in a variety of food items. Ice cream to dried peach snacks..the sky is the limit. Most probably because they are not too acid and definitely not over sweet.
- Peach sauce for desserts and ice cream is so delicious..keeps one coming back for more!
- Sliced peaches in a trifle makes a colourful layer too. Alternate with Swiss roll cake pieces, custard, red jelly squares and walnuts. Spread whipped cream on top with cherries to add a splash of colour.
- My old favourite is peaches in jellies for added colour and taste! Layer in see through individual bowls with custard and sponge cake, to make little trifles. Don't forget the walnuts and cherries!
Delicious Peach Drinks And Exotic Desserts
Peach Drinks And Flamboyant Desserts
- Love the fresh colour of peach in these alchoholic and delicious desserts
Delicious Bottled Peaches.
- Keep bottled peaches in your pantry ready to use at a moments notice!
- Peach flavoured drinks can be made into popsicals in your freezer. If you do not have popsical mould, use small empty yogurt containers and place a plastic spoon in the middle.
- Remember to bottle some peaches when they are in season. Many people go to the actual farms and buy a large quantity of peaches so they can either dry them or bottle for reselling.
- Chop some peaches into your ice trays with some cherries for a festive idea for your next party.
Making Something Delicious
- Peaches and cream is always a delicious combination. Just add some extras on top for a creative twist.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce as a topping combined with your favourite maraschino cherries!
- Blitz some tinned peaches in your electric blender add yogurt, a few bananas and a dash of buttermilk ..blend again and sweeten with honey for taste! ..Mmmm..yummy breakfa
- Take tinned peach halves and fill with a combination of nuts, chocolate biscuit crumbs and grated chocolate. Place in a moderate preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
Peaches To Delight
Different Crumble Toppings For Baked Peach Desserts
- Crumble some shortbread biscuits and oatmeal over your peach bake before you place in the moderate oven.
- Marshmallows make a wonderful topping for tinned peaches baked in a low oven.
- Chocolate biscuits and peaches make a wonderful top for a cold pudding. See in the photo above,
- Grate some chocolate mixed with coconut biscuits for a nice crunchy topping.
- Peaches, yogurt and oats makes a wonderful start to the day. Add a little milk to taste and a teaspoon of honey to the mix!
Peaches In A Dessert
Quick And Easy Ideas With Peaches
Here are some easy ways with peaches.
1. Drain a large tin of sliced peaches and place in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle some cinnamon and mixed nuts on top. Spread with your favorite meringue topping. Bake in a cool oven till set.
2. Mix a tin of peach slices (drained) with 1 cut up banana, 2 teaspoons apricot jelly (jam), 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of curry powder. Mix together well and serve as a side dish at your next barbecue.
3. Serve drained sliced peaches and walnuts with chocolate ice cream.
4. Drain a large tin of sliced peaches and place in shallow baking dish. Mix together with a packet of chopped up dates. Put your favorite crumble on top and bake for 45 minutes in a moderate oven until topping is crunchy and brown.
5. Place a fresh ripe yellow peach in a shallow baking dish. Add a cup of boiling water with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top of peach and bake until peach is soft. Serve with cream or custard.
How To Make Delicious Peach Meringue
12 Tins Of Peach Halves
Peaches In Salads
- Love to use tinned peaches lightly chopped in a coleslaw.A good mayonnaise and walnuts helps to make this salad special.
- Barbecued peaches also add variation to your outdoor pool party! Great combination with sausages and lamb chops.
- Dried peaches added to your barbecue skewers can make a difference to your entertaining. Alternate with lamb or sausage.
Savoury Grilled Peaches
- Cut fresh peaches in half, remove the pips and grill them with some crumbled feta cheese, nuts, a teaspoon of honey salt and pepper. A dash of hot barbecue spice can give these peaches a hot edge.Drizzle with olive oil before placing under hot grill.
Some Health Benefits Of Peaches
- Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Keeps the skin healthy and smooth. Collagen production depends on vitamin C.
- Fibre in peaches helps to keep the colon working well and prevents cancer.
- Peaches also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, and copper.
- Peaches are low in calories, contain no saturated fat or cholesterol, and are a good source of dietary fibre.
Just Peach Recipes From Asia
More Delicious Ideas With Peaches
- Peaches are so widely used in many countries as they are so versatile in main courses and of course many dessert recipes.
- They are one of my favourite fruits and are an integral part of my cooking.
- Peaches are also used with brown sugar in face scrubs
Colourful Bowls To Serve Your Dessert
Some Spices That Blend Well With Peaches
- Cinnamon is always a good spice
- Mixed spice in small quantities gives your fruit an exotic aroma.