- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
In a Pinch Chocolate Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Regular Flour, Sifted
- 1 cup White Sugar, Sifted
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Sifted (more for chocolaty taste)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder, Sifted
- 1 tsp Baking Soda, Sifted
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Veggie Oil, Substitute for one cup of applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar, Reserve for top of cake
What to do!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, ad cinnamon into a large bowl. Mix together.
- Add water, oil (or applesauce) and vanilla. Mix well. Add mixture into an ungreased, round cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Dust the top of the cake with reserved powdered sugar. Enjoy!
The great thing about this cake is that it is very flexible! If you desire more chocolate, you can add chocolate chips, Hershey's kisses, frosting, icing, etc. If you desire more fluffiness you can add an egg and even vinegar (1/4 cup white vinegar). The possibilities are endless, so create and enjoy!