Indian Delights - Special Chicken Biriyani - A rare,easy and special recipe
Now let me make it very clear.This is not the typical biriyani you get from restaurants.This is a special recipe which does not use masala powders or any added colors or synthetic flavors.
This will taste different.And I'm sure you're gonna love this!
- 2 cups Biriyani rice
- 2 cups Chicken, Small pieces
- 2 cups Onion, Sliced
- 1 cup Tomato, Chopped
- Half a cup Mint and coriander leaves, Finely chopped
- 1 table spoon Vinegar
- 1 small piece Ginger, smashed
- 8-9 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 8 Green chillies, smashed
- 2-3 pieces Cinnamon
- 8 Cardamom
- 8 Cloves
- 2 table spoons Pure ghee
- To taste Salt
- Take the chicken pieces in the cooker and add the vinegar and salt to taste(Don't add water).Close and cook till 1 whistle.Open and separate the cooked chicken from the stock(To be kept aside,don't throw it away!)
- Take the cooker you want to prepare the biriyani in.Heat it and pour ghee.To this,add cardamom,cloves and cinnamon and stir for 5 minutes.When they're cooked,add chopped onions and stir till they're light brown.
- Then add garlic,ginger and green chillies to this.Stir till they're properly cooked.Then add tomato pieces and stir till cooked.Add the chicken pieces and stock to this.
- Now pour 3.5 cups of water to this and let it boil.Now add the rice and chopped mint and coriander leaves.Close the cooker lid.
- After 1 whistle,turn off the flame and let go some steam.Open,stir well and enjoy!!