- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
Recipe: Tandoori chicken grill
Tandoori or BBQ chicken grill
I make this spicy chicken grill recipe a lot in summer, my friends and family enjoy it very much, here is the recipe
- Chicken - 12 drumsticks
- Tandoori chicken masala - 3 tbsp (available in most Indian stores, I prefer Shaan brand)
- Chilli powder - 3/4 tbsp
- Salt - 1.25 tbsp OR to taste
- Garam masala - 1/4 tbsp
- Curry powder - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- Ginger & Garlic paste 1 tbsp each
- Yogurt (Curds) - 3 tbsp
- Cooking oil - 4 tbsp
- First mix all ingredients from 2 to 10 and keep it aside.
- Using knife make 2 slits into meat of every chicken piece so that spicy masala can go in and cook better
- Now mix chicken and masala thoroughly, make sure everything mixes properly. Marinate this anywhere from 2 to 24 hours in refrigerator (of course more the marination more the taste)
- Cook chicken on a grill, I use gas grill to cook (wish I have patience for charcoal grill !!)
- Grill chicken by turning sides occasionally, don't overcook any side. It may take up to 45 minutes to an hour to cook chicken thoroughly depending on the type of grill and heat. I generally cook on low flame that way chicken don't get burnt and cooks slowly, but takes little bit longer to cook.
Very mouth watering chicken grill....