Indian Inspired Sweet Potato and Veggie Goodness
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 45 min
Ready in: 55 min
Yields: Serves 4-5
- 2 large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- garlic salt (to taste)
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Chop all of the veggies and herbs.
- Heat a large skillet, medium-high, and add a tablespoon or so of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in the sweet potatoes. You want to hear a sizzle.
- Let the sweet potatoes cook and brown a bit and then add the sweet orange bell pepper, red onion and garlic.
- Cook until all of the veggies are soft and browned.
- Add the coconut milk, basil, cilantro, parsley, turmeric, cinnamon, onion powder, garlic salt, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- This is a dish that you have to coddle. You need to stand over it, stir and make sure the consistency is ideal. Allow the dish to simmer and cook down until the sauce is thick and bright yellow.
- Serve and enjoy! You could make naan or flatbread to serve along side this dish. I have a couple of flatbread recipes posted that would be delicious.