Indian Pan Pizza - Without Yeast
Hi guys we all love pizza very much. But what is their in this oven baked, flat, round bread typically topped with tomato sauce, cheese and various types of toppings. Whatever it is but we can't get over the taste of a delicious, fresh baked pizza with lots of cheese.
Various types of pizza are available in the world and each of these have their unique things to make it different. Some have a twist in the sauce, some goes for different types of toppings, some experiment a pizza with different types of cheese and some has even goes to the extent of experimenting with the base.
Pizzas are baked in an oven with stone-bricks over a heat source in a restaurant. Some pizza makers even use electric deck oven, a conveyor belt oven or if it is an expensive restaurant they can goes for a wood or coal fired brick oven.
We like to have pizza but some of us like to make our own pizza at our homes either for family or for family gatherings rather than ordering form some outside pizza shops. Imagine a Sunday, when all your family and friends are gathered for a get together and you are having a baroque like party at your backyard.
So, here I am sharing my Pizza recipe which i use to make fresh pizzas for my family at a family gathering. The interesting thing is i am not using any type of oven or other tools which are considered important for making pizza.
So lets start our yummy pizza form scratch that is from base.
Ingredients For Dough without yeast
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Table Spoon Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil/ Butter
- 1 Cup Curd
- 3 Table Spoon Water
- 1 Tea Spoon Sugar
- According to Taste Salt
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Tea Spoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Baking Soda
- For Tomato Souce -
- 2 Tomato, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tea Spoon Ginger- Garlic Paste
- 1 Spoon Sugar
- 2 Table Spoon Tomato Puree Or Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Green Chilles
- According to taste Salt
- According to taste Red Chillies Powder
- For Toppings -
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Cabbage, Shredded
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese (Paneer), Greated
- According to taste Salt
- 1 Tea Spoon Black Pepper Powder
- 2 table Spoon Oil
Lets make the Pizza Base first :
- Shift the All Purpose flour or maida twice from sieve with salt, baking powder and baking soda in a big bowl.
- Now add sugar, garlic paste and oil in this shifted flour and mix it well. Then add curd and make a soft dough, if needed add water. Remember this dough will be very soft and sticky too.
- Let it rest this dough at warm place for minimum 1 hour. This dough could be left for 24 hours. The more rest it will take, fermentation would be better. But if you want to make pizza quickly then also no problem. First make the dough and then do other preparations and immediately make the base.
- You can use flour (atta) and rava for the dough. If you want you can omit the use of garlic in the dough.
To make tomato sauce is very easy. If you do not want to make other sauce, can use tomato ketchup.
- Take 1 onion, 1 large tomato, 1 table spoon ginger- garlic paste, 2-3 green chillies
- Cut onions and tomato roughly and blend in a mixer along with chillies and ginger and garlic. Chillies you can add according to your taste.
- Now some oil in a pan. Put the blended tomato onion mixture in the pan an bring it to boil. Now add 1 teaspoon sugar and taste according to your taste. Mix it well now add tomato ketchup and little red chili powder if like spicy.
- You can use tomato puree to the sauce instead of ketchup and add sugar accordingly.
- Let it reduce to a thick consistency such that it can be easily spread on the base.
Note : Its better to taste the sauce to make it according to you taste. If you want you can add some herbs to this sauce.
For the toppings i love to make it full of vegetables. So lets start it.
1. Cut Onions, Cabbage and Capsicums.
2. Take 1/2 to1 table spoon of oil in a pan. First put onions in the pan after heating the oil. Sauté them until soft. As we are making the pizza on pan so all the veggies will be raw if you not cook them before.
3. Add capsicums in the onions and semi cook them so that they will be easier to eat.
4. After adding capsicums add cabbage and cook it.
5. Season it with little salt and red chilli powder or black pepper powder.
Tada your topping is ready.
Variation : If you want a simple topping which is really quick then cut tomatoes, onions and capsicum. Add salt and black pepper powder. Your topping is ready.
Now lets make the pizzas.
1. Check your dough it would have raised. But it is still sticky so add little all purpose flour and make a dough again so that it can be handled easily.
You can also add dry flour and make balls of dough from it. This dough will make approx. 3-4 pizzas base.
2. Roll out the balls in equal sizes according to your pan size and the lid you have to cover the pan. Now take a fork and prick the base with it.
3. Now put this base on a heated pan. Now slow down the flame. After 1 minute flip the pizza.
You will get a light brown color spots on the overturned side.
4. Cover the base with sauce, toppings, cottage cheese and grated mozzarella cheese. And cover the pan with a lid. Slow down the flame to the lowest.
5. Cook the pizza until the cheese melts completely.
6. One the cheese melt serve the pizza on a serving plate and cut it.
Variation : You can add any cheese of your choice. If you want to add oregano and olives add it too.
Your homemade Indian pan pizza is ready to devour.