- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Indian Recipes: How to Make the Best Homemade Chicken Kebabs/Lamb Kebabs (Seekh Kebab)
Indian Chicken Kebab - Lamb Kebab Recipe
When my wife is away i have to cook for myself so i test out ingredients which bring out the best flavour and taste to my liking. I have made Indian kebabs many times and they have always turned out to be the best, even better than the kebabs that you buy from supermarkets or restaurants.
You must try it to really taste the difference.
Below is a a very simple Indian recipe for Chicken Kebabs which can also be made using lamb mince. I prefer lamb kebabs because i love lamb and Sheek Kebabs are my favourite food!
(Make sure you use all the ingredients before you start otherwise you will not get the right flavour or texture).
The Best Chicken Kebab - Sheek Kebab Recipe
How to Cook Homemade Chicken Kebabs or Sheek Kebabs
This is my own unique recipe which you will not find anywhere else. This recipe for Indian kebabs is very simple and fun to make. I have made it many times and enjoy cooking them every time. They're mouthwatering in flavour and you can't get enough of them!
My colleagues love them at work and they keep asking me to give them the recipe. I thought i would share it with the world!
There is a secret ingredient to this recipe which makes the taste unique. Even if you go to your local Indian restaurant or take away, they will not be able to beat it!
Enjoy making this amazing Indian kebab.
Cast your vote for this recipe next to this capsule after you have made it and let me know what you think.
Chicken Kebab Recipe - Sheek Kebab Recipe
Cook and Preparation Time
Shape of a Seekh Kebab
Ingredients and Instructions to Make the Best Indian Seekh Kebabs at Home
You can buy all of the ingredients from any large supermarket. I live in UK so i always shop at a major supermarket and my local Indian grocery for the most fresh ingredients. You can also shop online for any ingredients nowadays!
The mince is always best to buy from your local butcher so you know it is fresh.
Chicken Kebab/ Lamb Kebab Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Onions, Chop into small pieces
- Bunch Corriander, Chop into small pieces
- 1 Kilo Minced Chicken or Lamb
- 4 Green Chillies (HOT!), Chopped into small pieces
- 8 Cloves Garlic, Chop into small pieces
- Tablespoon Ginger Puree
- Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Dry red Chilli flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- Tablespoon Pepper
- Tablespoon Patak's Mixed Pickle, (Secret Ingredient!)
- Half Fresh Lemon (Juice)
- 1 Red onion, Chop into small pieces
Instructions to Make the Best Indian Chicken or Sheek Kebabs
- This is the fun part. It is simple and fun to cook the kebabs.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together thoroughly
- Place the mixed bowl of sheek kebabs ingredients in the fridge for a minimum of an hour
- Get a large flat pan or grill on medium heat with olive oil. Add enough Olive oil just to cook the outside of the kebabs and you can lower the heat to make sure the middle is cooked thoroughly. Remember that it takes a shorter time to cook the chicken kebabs compared to lamb kebabs
- Roll the kebabs into small kebab shapes to cook. Roll one by one as you put them into the pan to cook
- I tend to make them big enough to fit into the palm of my hands, you can make them any shape or size you want, but of course you want the kebabs to look like kebabs
- Keep turning the kebabs over as they're being cooked after a a minute or so. Make sure they turn golden brown or dark brown if you're using lamb
- After they're cooked place on a plate or tray spread out so that they don't break
Seekh Kebab Secret Ingredient
Patak's Mixed Pickle
Patak's Mixed Pickle is so amazing that it goes with any type of food if you want to really enjoy your Indian at home. I use it for anything and everything, in omelettes, curries, pasta and many more.
You can buy a small jar enough to last you a couple of months from many places, especially Indian groceries and a small jar should cost you no more than £2.
Calories and Other Facts about Sheek Kebabs
Sheek kebabs are really good for you if you cook them yourself and you know what you put in them.
I know that the recipe above does not have many calories per piece and i won't be able to give you an exact figure. All i know is eat what i enjoy.
As you know from the ingredients that there is no flour used so there will be no Gluten. There is no dairy products used and if you don't want to use eggs it's up to you. It will still be an amazing tasting sheek kebab.
More Indian Recipes from G Miah
- Spicy Tuna Fish With Scrambled Eggs Recipe
It's usually beans on toast for me when the missus is miles away from the kitchen. One day i came home at my lunch time from work and as i sat there watching the news on television, i started getting hungrier and hungrier. What could i do? The...
- How To Make Delicious Omelette - Quick and Easy Indi...
This is a very unique Indian omelette recipe which is a very quick and easy recipe to cook and follow. The simplest omelet recipe you will find anywhere on the web, and a simple Indian one too!
- How To Make Mango Lassi - Indian Drink
A very simple and refreshing AMngo Lassi recipe. Enjoy making this healthy Indian drink at home and drinking it with friends and family.
- Original Indian Onion Salad Chutney Recipe For Pappa...
This is a quick and easy online onion chutney recipe for people who want to save time and money by making their own at home
- Recipe For Indian Mint Sauce/Raitha - How to Make Au...
There are so many ways to make Indian mint sauce or raitha as some people call it. This is the sauce you get with your starters or tandoori main meal dishes in Indian restaurants or take aways. This sauce is everyone's favourite but not many Indian..
- Curry Recipes - Authentic Lamb Bhuna Recipe
This lamb bhuna recipe which is authentic and cooked by curry lovers all over the world. This curry recipe is very simple to cook and also very enjoyable.
- Recipe for Indian Onion Salad/Chutney/Dips for Poppa...
How to make Indian onion chutney for poppadoms that you buy from Indian take aways. Quick and easy recipe for onion chutney/salad/dip for poppadoms
Indian Kebab with Mint Yogurt and Salad
As always all of my recipes are very versatile which means that you can take ingredients out or add more in.
I love pickled onions which i nearly always use in most of my food, but i will not use it in kebabs because it becomes a bit tangy. If you have a favourite ingredient that you would like to add then feel free. I'm sure it'll still turn out nice.
There is not a single specific recipe to make Indian kebabs so be adventurous and test things out to suit you.
If you have made too many kebabs then refrigerate them and use them later. You can even freeze them!