Indo-Italian Pasta Recipe (with mustard seeds)
Pasta (Penne/Spaghetti/Rigatoni etc.) - 200g
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Oil: 3 tbsp
Onions: 1 large (Finely chopped)
Green pepper: 1 (Finely chopped)
Tomatoes: 2-3 large (Finely chopped)
Red pepper sauce: To taste
Salt: To taste
Spring onions: 3-4 (Chopped)
- In a large pan, boil as much as water so that the pasta would drown.
- Pour the pasta in the boiling water, and cook in Medium-High flame with 2 tsp of salt until the pasta is done (Roughly 10-15 minutes).
- Turn the heat off, drain the pasta with the help of a strainer and return it to the pan.
- Mix about 1 tsp of oil with the pasta to prevent it from being sticky.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
- Add the onion slices, and cook over Medium-High flame till the onions turn translucent (Make sure the onions do not turn brown).
- Add the green pepper and cook on Medium heat for a few minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and add a pinch of salt to cook the tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes aren't visible as separate slices anymore, add the pasta and the rest of the salt.
- Mix well, and add 2-3 tsps of red pepper sauce (You may increase/decrease the amount of red pepper sauce according to how hot you want the dish to taste).
- Once mixed well, turn off the heat, and garnish with spring onions.