- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to prepare Cheesy Carrot Dosa Recipe
Cheesy Carrot Dosa Recipe
This hub teaches you how to make Cheesy Carrot Dosa Recipe. Another dosa variety along with Cheese to try and serve your family. Enjoy and good luck.
Please share your feedback after you try the recipe.
Cheesy Carrot Dosa
- 2 cup Dosa Batter, (salt added)
- Refined Oil, (as required)
- ½ cup Carrot, (finely chopped or finely grated)
- ¼ cup Processed Cheese, (grated)
- 1/2 tea spoon Chilly powder or Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tomato ketchup
How to prepare dosa batter:
- Take 3 cups of rice and 1 cup of skinned urad dal.
- Keep both the ingredients in separate bowls.
- Pour water for them to soak.
- Allow them to soak for 3-4 hours atleast.
- After the given time drain water from the rice and urad dal.
- In a grinder or blender, grind the ingredients separately, pouring little required water now and then.
- Grind them to fine paste. Finally mix both the ground rice and urad dal paste.
- Add little salt and mix well.
- Fermentation is necessary for a good dosa. So place the dosa batter in the room temperature for 6-8 hours.
- Dosa batter is ready.
- Dosa batter can be used 3-4 days when kept in cool place.
- Place a non stick tawa or iron tawa on a medium flame. Add one or two drops of oil and rub with half onion. This process avoids Dosa from sticking to the tawa.
- Pour one ladle of batter in the centre of tawa and spread it in a circular motion as shown in the image.
- Drizzle one tea spoon of oil around and across the dosa.
- Put tomato ketchup on the cooking dosa batter and spread the tomato ketchup evenly.
- With in no time add grated carrot, cheese, chilly powder and salt.
- Note: If cheese is salted added very little salt or not required. Salt and chilly powder has to be sprinkled on the dosa batter. Keep all ingredients near you for the process, as the time for the procedure is very less.
- Spread the ingredients on the cooking dosa batter.
- Once the dosa is cooked, roll the dosa as shown in the image and take it out of the flame.
- Note: Don’t worry the upper portion of the dosa will be cooked with its own steam. If you think it is not cooked, flip the dosa for few seconds then flip back and roll.
- Serve hot with any chutney or idly milagai podi or it can be hod with tomato ketchup
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha