Instant Egg Khandoli Recipe
Ingredients For Egg Khandoli
Are you tired of eating the typical bread and omelette for your breakfast every other day? Well this article is the perfect solution to your problem. For preparing this delicious Egg Khandoli dish, we need following ingredients:
- 3 Eggs
- 3 bread slices
- Tomato sauce as per taste
- 6 tea spoons of Kolhapuri onion garlic spice (masala in local language). For those of you who have not used or seen this spice before you can check on below link just to know how it looks like : https://amzn.to/2SoY2vB
- Coriander leaves as per taste.
- 2 medium sized onions.
- Edible oil
This quantity is sufficient for preparing a breakfast for two people, but you can always increase or decrease the quantity as per your choice. Also important thing to note here is that the key ingredient here is the Kolhapuri onion garlic spice which is known as Kolhapuri Kanda Lahsun Masala in regional language in India.
Actual Steps for Preparing Kolhapuri Khandoli
- Cut two medium size onions into round slices and wash it with water.
- Finely chop 1 bowl of fresh green coriander leaves.
- Place the cooking pan on gas stove and heat it on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the pan is sufficiently hot, add 1 tea spoon of edible oil to it.
- Break 1 egg and spread the yolk and egg white evenly in the pan and place one bread slice immediately on top of it. The idea here is to wrap the egg layer all round the bread slice. Once the bread slice is well roasted on both the sides, take it out into a serving plate and cut it into smaller pieces with a knife.
- Then add the Kolhapuri onion garlic spice, sauce on it.
- Garnish the dish with coriander leaves and onion slices.
- If you are not a big fan of tomato sauce, you can add a sauce of your choice but then it wont taste like the authentic Kolhapuri Khandoli.
- You can repeat these steps for the other two egg and bread slices.
Precautions & Health Benefits
- If you have less tolerance to spices or suffering from any form of ulcer or intestine problems, please consult your doctor before trying this dish.
- People who are allergic to certain type of breads should make the bread selection accordingly.
- This easy to make recipe is a good source of proteins and energy especially in the winter days.
- You get all the health benefits associated with eating eggs in addition to the unique taste which this recipe adds to your taste buds!
It is a very simple yet tasty recipe for spice lovers and you should try it at least once. Do share your feedback if you liked it.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shrikant Jadhav