Pistachio Shamrock Cookies
I have had this recipe for many years and have made these cookies often for St.Patrick's Day celebrations.
They look festive, are easy to make, and good to eat.
They have the green color and flavor of the pistachio pudding, plus the sweetness of the green icing.
I hope you enjoy them.
PISTACHIO SHAMROCK COOKIES Makes approx. 1-1/2 dozen small cookies
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick ) Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1 3-1/2 oz package Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix, dry
- 1-1/3 Cups Baking Mix, ie: Jiffy Mix or Bisquick
- 1 Egg Large, whole
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar, white
- Cream together margarine or butter and dry pudding mix
- Blend in baking mix, egg and sugar until well mixed.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board to 3/8" thickness and cut with shamrock cookie cutter.
- Place cut out cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges
- Cool on wire racks. Frost with icing when cool.
2 cups confectioners sugar, unsifted
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix all together and tint with Green Food Coloring