Island Bites: Amaretto Mini Cheesecakes
This recipe adds a nutty twist to a classic dessert. It is a delicious treat for cheesecake lovers.
- To make the crust: Melt the butter. In a food processor, ground almond cookies. Add melted butter and pulse 3 or 4 times.
- To make the cheesecake batter: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese for 3 minutes. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, for about 2 more minutes. Finally, add eggs, milk and extracta and amaretto. Mix well.
- Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Add a tablespoon of cookie crumbs to each liner. Press them to the bottom with the spoon. Fill each liner cup with the batter.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake the cheesecakes for about 16 to 18 minutes, until just set. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish just before serving.
- To garnish: Whip heavy cream with 1/2 tsp almond extract. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each mini cheesecake. Sprinkle toasted chopped or slivered almonds.
- 2 (8oz) boxes Almonette cookies
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbs almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbs amaretto
For the topping:
Almond Whipped Cream
- 8oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- toasted almonds, chopped or slivered (to garnish)
- Chocolate ganache: Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream. Add 8oz chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Set aside for 3 or 4 minutes. Add a teaspoon to each mini cheesecake. Sprinkle almonds or chocolate shavings.
- Orange mermelade
- Banana pastry cream
- Coconut whipped cream: Whipped 8oz heavy cream, 2 tbs powdered sugar and 1 tbs coconut milk. Garnish with almonds and toasted coconut.
More decadent desserts:
- Island Bites: Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream
This recipe is perfect for nutella lovers. The cupcakes are light and fluffy and filled with delicious nutella. But that's not all. The cupcakes are frosted with a creamy nutella buttercream.
- Island Bites: Polvorones (Puerto Rican Shortbread Cookies)
Polvorón is a dense and crumbly (shortbread-type) cookie, popular in Latin America, Spain and also Philippines.
- Island Bites: Budin Puertorriqueño (Puerto Rican Bread Pudding)
Budin or Pudin is a very popular dessert in Puerto Rico and Latin America.
- Island Bites: Dulce de Leche Cupcakes
Nice and fluffy vanilla cupcakes with a rich and decadent dulce de leche filling.