Island Bites: Vanilla Cupcakes with Nutella filling and Nutella Buttercream
This is the perfect recipe for nutella lovers. The vanilla cupcakes are light and fluffy and filled with delicious nutella. But that's not all! The cupcakes are frosted with a creamy nutella buttercream.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time. Add the vanilla extract and oil. Mix well.
- Add flour in three parts alternately with the milk in two parts, beginning and ending with flour Mix until just combined.
- Fill the cupcakes liners about 1/2 full. Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick tester comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes completely.
- To fill the cupcakes, add nutella to a piping bag with a bismarck tip. Insert the tip in the center of the cupcake and fill it with nutella. If you don't have the tip, you could use a paring knife to cut a cone-shaped circle from the top of the cupcake. Spoon a dollop of nutella into the cupcake and put the top back.
- 1 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Nutella, room temperature
How to fill a cupcake
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and Nutella until combined.
- Slowly add in powder sugar and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and milk. Increase speed and beat until smooth.
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup nutella (or more, if you'd like)
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Do you want more cupcakes?
Cupcake Decorating Tips:
- Island Bites: Tips to make professional looking cupcakes
You love the picture perfect cupcakes you buy at a shop, but every time you try to make them at home the result is not even close. What are you doing wrong?
- Island Bites: Halloween Cupcakes (recipes and decorating ideas)
Cupcakes are a great way to celebrate any occasion. This time, we are going to dress them up to spook everybody. Let's make some Halloween cupcakes!