Italian Bread Salad
This salad is made with the freshest and healthiest ingredients, such as; tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion. Well almost everything, except for the bread! The bread needs to be a little stale in order to soak up the balsalmic vinegar, olive oil and fresh herbs that add so much flavor to this summertime favorite. Italian Bread Salad is easy to make and is sure to be hit at dinner and at parties. Enjoy!
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 whole, 1 minced
- 1 lb. loaf Italian bread
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsalmic vinegar
- Season salad bowl by rubbing a peeled garlic clove around bowl. Tear apart or chop the Italian bread into bite-size pieces. In the salad bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, minced garlic, basil and thyme. Add enough olive oil and vinegar to lightly coat, toss and serve. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Enjoy!
Refreshing Italian Soda Recipe
What a cool, refreshing drink to accompany the Italian bread salad! This Italian soda syrup is made with the simplest ingredients; water, sugar, blueberries, raspberries, or any fruit of your liking. These syrups last for approximately three weeks when refrigerated and are such an alternative healthy beverage compared to other popular sugary drinks. And not only do the syrups taste fantastic served with seltzer water over ice, there are no preservatives or chemicals! This delicious beverage is popular and sold in many gourmet shops, so add a little cream to the Italian soda and make a delicious cremosa! La dolce vita!