Italian cream cake Recipe
This recipe was sent to me by a close American friend Christy Garrett Wright. She has been making this cake for about 20 years now and it according to her is very delicious cake and even though I have not eaten this cake at all but the way the recipe sounds I am pretty sure she is telling the truth. The cake looks delicious and mouth watering and I cannot wait to taste it so I have decided that I am going to make this cake soon. This cake according to her is well liked and demanded by the children most. The cake is light and fluffy with delicious frosting. The ingredients are easily available in west though I cannot say the same about India but I am sure if I try super markets
- Butter: ½ Cup.
- Crisco Shortening: ½ cup. ( I hope I can get it in Indian super markets)
- Butter Milk: 1 cup.
- All purpose White Floor: 2 cups.
- Coconut: Flaked 1 Cup.
- Eggs: 5.
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp.
- Baking Soda: 1 Tsp.
- Pecans: 1 cup chopped
- Sugar: 2 cups.
- Salt: ½ Tsp.
- Butter: ½ cup
- Cream Cheese: 8 Oz.
- Coconut: Flaked ¾ cup.
- Pecans: ¾ cup chopped.
- Vanilla Extract: 1 Tsp.
- Confectioners’ Sugar: 1 pound.
- Take a large bowl and put butter, Crisco Shortening and vanilla extract in it.
- Now with the electric blender, mix them well till the mixture is creamy.
- In another bowl mix flour and salt.
- Add baking soda, coconut flakes and chopped pecans and mix them well.
- Now add the butter mixture in this and blend well.
- Now separate yolk and white of eggs one by one.
- Now add one egg yolk (yellow of egg) and a part of butter milk in this mixture and blend well.
- Repeat same with remaining egg yolks.
- Now take another bowl and beat the egg whites.
- Now mix them in the batter.
- Pre heat an over at 350 F.
- Take three 9 Inch round cake pans and pour the mixture in these pans.
- Put these pans in heated oven for 25 minutes. Bake till the cake now start pulling from the edges.
How to make fillings:
- In a bowl put butter and cream cheese.
- Mix well with electric blender.
- Add vanilla extract and blend well.
- Add little bit of sugar and blend well.
- Repeat this till all sugar is well mixed.
- Now put the cake in 3 layers one of top of another.
- Put icing everywhere from top to bottom to in-between the cakes.
- After this take an icing bag with star tip and pipe icing around the edges on the top of the cake.
- Mix flaked coconut and chopped pecans in a bowl.
- Sprinkle this mixture on the top of the cake.
smallThe Free Dictionary: Limited in importance or significance; trivial: a small matter. →
More Cake Recipes
- Marzipan cake
Marzipan cake is one of the most popular cakes in the world. it is popular in europe and usa. Marzipan cake is not only very beautiful to look at but is also very tasty. It is easy to make.
- Classic Yellow Cake Recipe
Every one loves classic yellow cake. Classic yellow cake is moist & has wonderful flavor we all love. Classic cake is easy to make even though there are many steps which goes in to making of cake.
- Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
Super moist chocolate cupcakes has been weakness of many of us. Its very delicious and mouth watering cake. The recipe is easy, quick & delightful. The recipe makes 12 super moist chocolate cupcakes.
- Impossible Coconut Custard Pie
Impossible Coconut Custard Pie is a great pie. The Bisquick in the mix sinks to the bottom and creates the bottom crust. The coconut rises to the top and creates the top crust. Delicious!
- Almond Praline Cake
Almond praline cake is rich in calories & can serve 12 people so it is a big cake and since it contains lots of nuts, thus is shelf life is quite long. Almond praline cake is delicious & easy to make
- Heavenly Chipped Chocolate and Hazelnut Cheesecake
Heavenly Chipped Chocolate & Hazelnut Cheesecake is delicious . Heavenly Chipped Chocolate & Hazelnut Cheesecake is high in calories & high in taste. Very easy to make and ingredients easily available