Jalapeno Pepper Halves Stuffed
This is a most delicious appetizer! Once you share Stuffed Jalapeno Pepper Halves with family and friends they will request you to bring it to every gathering.
Once the Jalapeno Peppers are cleaned-membranes and seeds removed-even people who don't especially like "hot" food really enjoy these. They are easy to make, can be prepared ahead of time and disappear as soon as they are served!
- 20 large Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 lb. Italian or Chorizo Sausage
- 1 8oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesean Cheese
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs of Bacon
- Tabasco Sauce
Tip for Cleaning Jalapeno Peppers
Cut the stems and ends off the Jalapeno Peppers and slice them in half length wise. Fill the sink and scrape the membranes and seeds out of the Jalapeno Peppers, using your fingers or a spoon, while submerged completely in water.
Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching your eyes or mouth!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut off the ends of the Jalapeno peppers. Cut the peppers in half length wise. Remove membranes and seeds. See Tip For Cleaning Peppers
- Brown sausage using medium heat until crumbly, drain fat
- Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese to the browned sausage and mix well, then turn off the heat
- Fill the pepper halves with sausage mixture and place on a bakers sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil
- Combine Chili Powder and Brown Sugar and sprinkle on the top of each pepper
- Cut 1 lb of bacon in half, trim off excess fat as desired. Wrap each pepper half with 1/2 strip of bacon starting on top of the pepper and ending underneath the pepper. If all 40 pepper halves are to be wrapped with bacon an additional 4 or 5 strips of bacon will have to be cut in half
- Dribble each pepper half top with Tabasco Sauce, if desired
- Cook time may vary. Allow the bacon to get crisp before removing from the oven
- There will be bacon grease in the bottom of the bakers sheet, the peppers are soft and may stick to the foil
- Allow peppers to sit for 2-3 minutes to firm up a bit after they are removed from the oven
- Using tongs gently remove peppers from foil and place on a serving tray