- Food and Cooking
Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Jamaican Curried Goat Recipe
Curry Goat is a dish that originated in Jamaica but it has now spread all over the world and it is very popular in some parts of the USA. If you can't purchase or obtain goat meat for this recipe go with lamb. It makes the recipe just as good and delicious.
And below is a quick and easy curried goat recipe for you to try. And remember if you can't or even don't want to obtain goat use lamb instead. I have also had it made with venison and it was delicious.
You Will Need For Your Recipe.
1. 4 Pounds of Goat Meat or Lamb cut into bite size pieces.
2. 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
3. 1 Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
4. 4 Large Potatoes Diced Into Small Cubes.
5. 1 Large Purple Sweet Onion Diced Fine.
6. 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic.
7. 1 Tablespoon Fresh Minced Thyme Leafs.
8. 1 Bunch Green Onions Including Tops Diced Fine.
9. 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper Including Insides Minced Fine.
10. 2 Tablespoons Jamaican Curry Powder.
11. 1 Teaspoon Allspice.
12. 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Cooking Oil.
You want to start out by frying your potatoes and onions in vegetable oil until both are tender. Remove them from the pan and add your meat and cook it stirring often in some more vegetable oil until browned all over.
Now place all your ingredients into a large deep baking pan and stir well. Cook for approximately one hour in a preheated 350 degree oven until the meat is tender.
You can now serve your Jamaican Curried Goat or Lamb over hot buttered rice and I guarantee you that everyone who tries it will love it.