Jamaican Oxtail Stew
Jamaican Oxtail Stew Recipe
Here's another delicious recipe from Jamaica that is oh so delicious. If you've never tried oxtail you can usually purchase it at your local supermarket.
For Your Jamaican Oxtail Stew You Will Need.
1. 1 Package of fresh Oxtails cut up.
2. 6 Slices Of Bacon cut up in small pieces.
3. 4 Tablespoons Plain All Purpose Flour.
4. 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Garlic.
5. 1 Teaspoon Salt.
6. 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
7. 2 Onions Sliced Very Thin.
8. 4 Carrots Peeled and Sliced into thin slices.
9. 1 Regular Size Can Crushed Tomatoes.
10. 1 Quart Hot Water.
11. 1 Bunch Of Green Onions including tops diced up fine.
12. 1 Small Bunch Fresh Thyme diced up fine.
13. 4 Large Potatoes Diced Up into small cubes.
14. 1 Teaspoon Allspice.
Start off by cooking your bacon to crisp in a large deep skillet. Once crisp remove the bacon but not the bacon grease. If you need to add some vegetable oil. Now roll your ox tail pieces in the plain all purpose flour and over medium heat cook them until brown on all sides. Place them and the bacon in a large stock pot. Now you can add in all of your other ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce your heat to medium and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until your meat and potatoes are tender.
Serve over hot buttered white rice and you will have one of the most delicious dishes you will ever taste.
Please post your comments , questions , tips , or suggestions below now.