- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Jasmine Green Tea Cookies Recipe
Jasmine and green tea cookies are delicious to taste and nutritious. These cookies have the health benefits of green tea and the goodness of jasmine all rolled into one.
How are scented teas made?
Jasmine Green Tea is a scented tea. To make scented teas, tea leaves and flowers are mixed together. This mixture is then baked in the oven. This process is repeated to get high quality scented tea that has the distinct fragrance of the flower.
Health Benefits of Jasmine Green Tea Cokies
1. Health Benefits of Green Tea
- slows down aging
- helps to reduce weight
- has a naturally sweet taste
- strengthens the immune system
2. Health Benefits of Jasmine
- improves digestion
- removes toxins from the blood
- accelerates metabolism
- improves blood circulation
How many stars will you give this recipe. Please rate.
- one and a half cups white flour
- half cup butter, softened
- half cup sugar
- one egg
- half a teaspoon baking powder
- one cup sugar
- two teaspoons jasmine green tea
- half a teaspoon jasmine tea, powdered
- Pour the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the crushed jasmine tea and a spoon of baking powder. Keep the flour mixture aside.
- Take the second bowl. Beat the egg and softened butter lightly in the bowl till they are blended well.
- Add the flour mixture little by little to the second bowl. Use a wooden spatula to fold in.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for one hour or till the dough is firm and can be used easily.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Pinch the dough into one inch balls. Arrange on a cookie sheet in a baking tray. Flatten slightly at the top of each cookie by using a cup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or till the edges of the cookies turns slightly brown.
- Remove cookies from the cookie sheet and cool on wire racks.
Pep up your Jasmine Green Tea Cookies
Add any one of the following ingredients to the cookie dough and mix for extra flavor and health benefits.
- half a spoon of cinnamon powder
- half a spoon of organic ginger gratings
- half a spoon of dark chocolate
If you want to retain the original green tea cookie taste and flavor, avoid adding the above ingredients.