Jello No Bake Oreo Dessert Review and Oreo Pie Recipe
Quick and Easy Oreo Pie
Oreo Pie Rating
Review of Jello No Bake Oreo Dessert
Love Oreo's? You will probably like Jello No Bake Oreo Dessert as much as my kids did. I don't know how they did it, but they really have made a cream filling for the dessert which tastes like Oreo filling everyone likes to lick off first. Personally, I'm not a big Oreo Cookie fan, so I really preferred the Jello Peanut Butter dessert that I made into a pie also. However, my teenage daughter and her friend loved that Oreo Pie so much that they made a video of chasing each other around after it and posted it up for all their friends to see.
Quick, Easy and Inexpensive Dessert
Quick and Easy: You can't get much faster than the 15 minutes it takes to make this dessert. Nothing tricky about it, except maybe patting the crust down in the pan. See my step by step photo directions for making a pie.
Cheap Dessert: Frankly, I am almost giving up making many of the fancier desserts from scratch when the box mixes are so much cheaper. I have a from scratch Oreo Pie recipe but after buying the Oreo's and other ingredients, it costs about twice what this mix does, and takes longer to make.
Good Enough For Company Dessert
Versatile: I made mine into a pie, but the box suggests a pan dessert and you can also make single servings using muffin cups. I've made single servings with the Jello No Bake Cheesecake many times and that is always a hit. I like to use mini-cupcake sized cups and usually get at least 24 from a box of mix.
Family Loved it: Frankly, the kids ate it up so fast I may not have gotten a big enough slice to tell how good it was. What does it taste like? The crust is crunchy and made from crushed Oreo cookies mixed with butter. The crust was actually my favorite part. The middle is the creamy filling with crushed Oreos mixed in.
Add Toppings for Fancier Dessert: It did look kind of plain when I put the filling in the pie, so I topped it with some things I had in my cupboard: chocolate sauce, crushed chocolate cookies, sandwich cookies standing up in a ring and some chocolate chips. That definitely made it look better and the extra chocolate taste moved this from an O.K dessert to something I'd be happy to serve for company dinner.
Oreo Dessert IdeasClick thumbnail to view full-size
Ingredients for Oreo Pie
- 1 box Jello No Bake Oreo Dessert
- 4 TB margarine, melted
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate sauce, (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, (optional)
- 10 Oreo or other sandwich cookies, (optional)
How to Make Oreo Pie
- Melt butter and mix with Oreo crust in pie pan. Use a fork to press the mixture up the sides and firmly against the bottom.
- Put filling mix in bowl. Add 1 1/3 cup milk. Mix with mixer on low (use a cut paper towel around the mixer top to keep mixture from spraying out). Mix for 3 minutes on medium.
- Stir in the crushed Oreo pieces. Put filling into the crust. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
- Optional toppings: Swirl chocolate syrup on top of pie. Put whole Oreo or sandwich cookies standing up around the top of the pie. Add more crushed cookies in the middle of the pie and put chocolate chips on top. Enjoy!
- Pie can be kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Oreo pie also tastes great frozen (leave in freezer about 4 hours or overnight).
No Bake Oreo Dessert
Oreo Pie without extra toppings
|Serving size: 1/8 pie|
|Calories from Fat||540|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 60 g||92%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 36 g||12%|
|Sugar 22 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Sodium 330 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|