- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Juicing Recipes And Their Health Benefits
Health Benefits of Fresh Juice
Juice is loaded with nutrients. We need to nourish our bodies. When we abuse our body by an unhealthy lifestyle or work in areas with polluted air we need the antioxidants available in fruit and vegetables to fight the free radicals that cause diseases to develop.
Drinking fresh juice provide fast absorbing of the phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and enzymes by the bodies cells. This gives a boost to your immune system. Fresh juice may assist to prevent and reverse degenerative diseases. Although juicing is healthy your diet also needs fiber. You therefore need to eat fruit as well. Always buy organic grown fruit and vegetables.
Most of the nutrients in our food are destroyed by cooking and food processing methods. Juicing supplies the nutrients, vitamins and enzymes that our body needs to stay healthy. For those that don't enjoy vegetables, especially children, it is a way to add vegetables to their diet and obtain the health benefits. Juicing also assist with dieting. Although all the nutrients, vitamins and enzymes are present in the juice, there is a reduction in calories, which you need to lose weight.
Juicing is Full of Goodness
Juicing raw organic vegetables is full of goodness. It contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes that your body and brain needs to stay healthy. It also strengthens your immune system and gives you energy.
- Here are a few fruit combinations that make tasty juices.
- For each combo, cut the fruit and veggies into chunks, place into juicer, blend and serve.
- Half a small pineapple, slice of watermelon, juice of a orange.
- Pineapples contain the enzyme bromelin, which assist in digestion.
- Also aids in detoxification
- Celery stalks. Half a small cabbage. Apple
- Three apples, three carrots, half a pineapple.
- Half a papaya, two carrots.
- Half a small pineapple, small cucumber, large apple.
- Half a small pineapple, half a papaya, one orange.
- Cup of broccoli, two carrots, two apples.
Benefits of Adding Aloe Vera Gel to Fresh Juice
The translucent Aloe Vera Gel contains vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12 as well as Vitamin A, C, and E. It is a good source of folic acid. Aloe Vera gel contains all the essential amino acids. By adding the Aloe gel to your fruit juices you increase the health benefits.
To prepare the Aloe Vera Gel
- Take a sharp knife and cut off the thorns on one side of the Aloe Vera leaf
- Cut through the rind on one side and remove the inner yellowish part.
- Then use a spoon to extract the translucent gel
Here are some fruit combinations.
Add two tbsp aloe Vera gel to each combo.
- Pineapple, apple,
- Banana, half a pineapple.
- Four carrots, two oranges.
You can use the pulp left over from juicing for the following
Cut up the left over fruit. Add the fruit pulp from juicing. Then add some yogurt and you have a delicious fruit salad.
Add vegetable pulp to stews thereby increasing the nutrient content and it gives a lovely flavor.
Add left over pulp from juicing to your pancakes. You can also add it to your pancake mix.
Trying to Lose Weight
To lower your calorie intake, juice vegetables. The green leafy vegetables provide many of the super benefits of juicing. Add lemon juice to improve the bitter taste of green vegetables. Use only organic grown fruit and veggies for juicing.
© 2016 Anita Hasch