- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
KFC Potato Wedges (fries) CopyCat Recipe
KFC Potato Wedges CopyCat Recipe
- 5-7 Large potatoes, washed
- 1 1/3 c flour
- 1/2 c corn starch
- teaspoon baking soda
- 1 c butter milk
1. Slice potatoes into wedges. Do this by slicing a potato in half lengthwise, then putting the flat side down. Slice in half lengthwise again, and then slice each of those pieces in half again. That should create perfect wedges.
2. Place the potato wedges into a bowl (preferably glass or ceramic) coat with half the seasoning (see below for recipe) and shake to coat. Then, microwave them for around 7 minutes on high, covered. Allow the wedges to cool (covered) for 10 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are cooling, you can put your batter together. Sift together flour, corn starch, and baking soda. Then mix in the butter milk. You should whisk or quickly stir this together until its just formed and smooth.
4. Once your batter is together, heat up your oil. Doesn't matter what kind of oil, deep fryer, or pan. Heat your oil to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit).
5. Coat a handful of potato wedges in the batter, and then quickly into the oil. (not too quickly, we don't want any burns!)
6. Separate wedges and allow to cook for 4-6 minutes, or until golden. Drain wedges on a paper towel, immediately sprinkle them with the KFC spice mix
Serve with burgers, meatloaf, or just about anything. Even by themselves with some honey mustard, these wedges are to die for. Enjoy!
If you adjusted/added anything and you think it adds to the recipe, please message me. I will update this page and credit you for your hard work!