- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Kale Juice Recipe
Rate Our Green Machine Juice
Green Machine Juice
We started our kale juice recipe when we started juicing earlier this year for ourselves and several of our extended “family” members in an effort to heal a friend.
One of our friends was diagnosed with cancer and another friend had beaten cancer as well as gotten rid of his diabetes after being on a green juice diet many years ago and suggested we give it a try. Luckily for us this same gentleman who suggested the green juice to us owns an organic farm on which we volunteer which means we had access to a big supply of all the fresh fruits and veggies we needed.
I had already been interested in juicing and had recently bought a new juicer so it seemed the stars had all aligned when it came to making our kale juice recipe. As it were, Our farm owning friend also owned a very nice so we were all set. Omega juicer
We had a general idea of what we wanted in our green machine juice as we started calling it and jumped online to learn a little more about what would be best to add, big mistake, as with everything, everyone has an opinion. Not that their opinions were wrong or bad just I could have spent a month reading all the information.
We decided that we were just going to experiment with the things we knew we wanted to add with a few things that we learned would also be beneficial in our green superfood juice. We were looking for fruits and veggies that would work to increase the alkaline in the body which is want we wanted. Due to diet, pollution and other factors, our bodies become acidic lowering the natural pH our bodies need to operate correctly which is 7.365.
Ready to Make Our Kale Juice
We had our list of ingredients, we had our juicer equipment, we were ready to harvest all those yummy, nutritious fruits and veggies and start making our kale juice recipe. Oh what a blast we had, and are still having. There is truly nothing like growing, or in our case helping to grow, your own organic foods and taking those foods and turning them into something amazingly tasty and super healthy. Add to it a group of friends working together to improve their own lives and the lives of those around them and you have the making for a wonderful experience.
So enough about the what, when and why of how we got started making our green machine juice, lets get on to making this delicious glass of super nutrition. One of the good things about our kale juice recipe is that you can really add, subtract and adjust the ingredients in it to get the taste you are looking for. Want it a little more sweet? Just add more apples or other appropriate fruit. Like the earthy taste better? Just add more leafy greens, beats or other such veggies. Want your juice to be a little spicy? Add more hot peppers and tomatoes (you may think of tomatoes as being acidic but in reality they are alkaline, the same goes with lemons).
One thing to note, you can also adjust the amount of ingredients used in your kale juice recipe to fit the amount of people you want to provide juice for. We are juicing for about 10 people and making enough for 2 days worth. I know that you should drink the juice quickly, in less than 24 hours and many say within hours of making it, however when juicing for multiple people and harvesting your own produce to do so, you will find that it can be very time consuming. The juice will stay good for 48 hours or so, it just slowly losses its nutritional value.
Another thing to note is that our juice does change a little every time we make it as we work with the produce we can harvest at the time. To begin with, we of course use a lot of kale in our kale juice recipe. Kale is a superfood and therefor very, very nutritious, we make sure we use a lot of kale because of its benefits as well as the fact that it does juice very well.
Additionally we try to use as little fruit as possible to avoid the sugars and fructose, lemons are one exception to this and more lemon than is stated can be used to help take away from the earthy taste of your vegetables.
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1 Bunch of Spinach
- 1 Bunch of Chard
- 1 Bunch of Mustard Greens
- 1 Bunch of Arugula
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli
- 2 Cucumbers
- 3 stalks of Celery
- 1-2 Peppers (sweet & hot), You can leave out the peppers if you wish or add more to make it hotter
- 5-6 Medium Tomatoes, You can also leave this out if desired however they do produce a lot of juice
- 2-3 Apples, You can add more if you want your green machine juice sweeter however you are adding more sugar
- 1-2 Limes
- 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro, Mint or Parsely
- Wash all produce thoroughly.
- Peal cucumbers and lemons.
- Slice or tear produce into appropriate size (depends on type of juicer).
- Feed the material into your juicer making sure to alternate ingredients. for example feeding the juicer some greens then an apple then the herbs next a tomato, greens, cucumber, lemon ect. The point is your juicer will perform better by alternating produce.
- Store juice in an air tight jar in refrigerator.
- As mentioned, the juice is best when drank immediately but can be stored for up to 48 hours or so when using a cold press juicer.
Things to Consider With Any Kale Juice Recipe
- Adding fruits will add sugar and fructose to your diet. Try to keep items such as apples, carrots, pears, peaches and grapes to a minimum in your juice if you plan to drink it on a daily basis.
- Again if you plan to drink your juice daily you may want to think about alternating your greens instead of using them all every time. This will help you avoid getting a build up of oxalic acid in your system which can effect the thyroid gland.
- You should drink your juice on an empty stomach, there are several reasons why one of which it allows the vitamins and minerals to be absorbed into your bloodstream quickly. Try not to eat about 2 hours before drinking your juice or until 30 minutes after drinking it.
- Chew your food. Believe it or not your should "chew" your green machine juice. By doing this you are creating saliva that will release digestive enzymes which are extremely important for delivering key nutrients to your cells.
Cold Press Juicers
Using a cold press juicer is the best way make your kale juice recipe, I will soon be providing an article on the best cold press juicers that are available today to help give you an idea of your options.
In Memory of Jerry
I am sorry to say that about 2 months after beginning our juicing regiment the person for which this journey really got started for past away. He was a pillar of a small community of like minded people looking to get back to eating healthy and taking better care of ourselves, our friends and family and most important of all, our planet.
He was a mentor and friend to many people and he will be greatly missed.
Green Juice Poll
Have You Ever Made Green Juice?
We are not claiming that our kale juice recipe or any other type of green juice will cure any disease, help you lose weight or make you feel better, become better looking, rich or successful.
What we do claim is if you are looking to start juicing then this green machine juice recipe is a tasty way to get started.