- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Kale and Sea Vegetables Salad: Raw Vegan Recipe
Kale and Sea Vegetables
Delicious and Nutritious Raw Vegan Recipe
Kale is an excellent source of fiber and iron, it also contains calcium which is excellent for teeth and bones. Sea vegetables are among the most nutritious and mineral rich foods on the planet. Ocean water contains every discovered mineral on the planet. For example, kelp and dulse contain iodine which is one nutrient that most people do not get from their every day diet. This particular salad is a super nutritious power salad and is perfect for anyone who feels like they need some extra nutrients in their diet. This is a delicious, and nutritious raw vegan meal, it can be served in smaller quantities as a side dish, and as a main meal.
- 1/4 cup wakame
- 1/2 cup sea lettuce
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon kelp powder
- Soak the wakame and sea lettuce in water for 30 minutes. Get rid of the soak water De-stem the kale and chop them into small pieces. Do this by rolling the pieces up tightly and chopping them up into little bits.
- Sprinkle a little salt on the kale and rub it in until the kale begins to welt.
- Put the orange juice, sesame seeds, and kelp powder into a blender, blend everything together until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and the sea vegetables. Then you can garnish it with sesame seeds by sprinkling 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds on top.
|Serving size: Per serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|