Kale chip recipe: What to do with your extra kale
Around this time of year, my garden is always overflowing. Kale grows like a weed in my soil and there is plenty to go around. This recipe is always a hit! It converts "non-vegetable" people and has everyone getting plenty of iron from their kale intake.
- 1 bunch Kale, washed and plucked from stems
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Wash the bunch of kale.
- De-stem the leaves, ripping them into small bite size pieces.
- Spread the kale onto a baking sheet, making sure the leaves are not overlapping too much. The kale will get crispier the more spread out it is.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Salt to taste.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Turn the leaves over halfway through cooking. Time can vary oven to oven.
- Kale is done when it is crisp like a potato chip.
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 7 g||2%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|