Kartoffelsalat (Bavarian-style Potato Salad)
Recipe for Kartoffelsalat (Bavarian-style Potato Salad)
Kartoffelsalat is very popular dish in Bavaria. It is very easy to make and the ingredients are very easily available everywhere. It doesn't take much time and tastes superb. Kids usually do not eat anything which is mainly potatoes but they would love Kartoffelsalat (Bavarian-style Potato Salad). This recipe has been sent to me by a foreign friend of mine, but unfortunately she do not want me to put her name of picture over here.
1. Potatoes: 2 pounds or 1 kilogram.
2. German style double smoked bacon: ¼ pound or 110 grams.
3. Olive oil: 2 tbsp.
4. Onion: 1 Chopped
5. Chicken Broth: ½ cup.
6. German Pickles: diced.
7. German Mustard: 2 Tbsp.
8. Vinegar: 2 Tbsp.
9. Sugar: ½ Tsp.
10. Fresh parsley leaves: 1 ½ Tbsp chopped.
11. Fresh parsley leaves: for garnishing.
13. Salt: as per taste and enough to make salty water.
- Take the potatoes and wash them well. Make sure potatoes are medium sized and not big ones.
- Take a large sauce pan.
- Fill it with water and mix salt in it.
- Put potatoes in it and make sure water is totally covering the potatoes.
- Bring it to boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes, till potatoes are tender.
- While we boil potatoes, take another pan with heavy base.
- Put it over moderate heat and sauté bacon over it in olive oil.
- Sauté till the bacon is crisp and brown. Remove from pan and put it on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Now in the same pan, add chopped onions and sauté till they are translucent. Should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now to the onions add chicken broth, mustard, and pickles. Sugar and vinegar.
- Put the heat to simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley, and the bacon we had kept aside.
- Add salt and pepper and toss gently,
- Now take the potatoes out.
- Let them cool and peel them off.
- Slice the potatoes.
- Now add these potatoes to the onion mixture.
- Mix them well with a spoon.
- Potato salad is ready.
- Garnish with Parsley.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Vegetarian Potato Recipes
- Hassel back Potato Recipe
Hassel back potatoes are slightly yummier version of regular baked potatoes (& almost as easy)the presentation is impressive. Children love them & they are much tastier than regular baked potatoes
- Bombay Potaoes Recipe.
This is very simple potato recipe & is used all over India & is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish
- Palak Aloo Recipe
Potatoes with spiced spinach commonly known as aloo palak in India are a very tasty and healthy dish. It has got unique aroma of its own. Spinach as we all know is full of Iron and other minerals required by the body. Spinach has been made famous for
- Baked potato with chili vegetables recipe
Delicious dish with the aura of pulses and vegetables, full of vitamins that help the body of students to meet the tired days. Love the taste of Baked potato with chili vegetables , easy to make yummy.
- Cheesy Potato Fries
Cheesy potato fries are much more tastier than normal fries. Unlike potato fries these cheesy fries are baked so they are comparatively healthier than potato fries. cheesy potato fries are yummy