Katie's Better Burger
What Is Your Favorite Topping?
A Simple Burger Is A Better Burger
When I'm home alone and I'm craving red meat, this is my go to recipe for a delicious burger on the stove top. There is a big grill at my house in our backyard, but to fire it up to cook one burger seems like such a waste. I've found the perfect method to making a delicious burger using simple ingredients that won't make you break the bank!
Better Burger Ingredients
- 1 Burger Patty, I used ground chuck, and if you buy the meat in bulk or a package, measure out a fourth of a pound.
- 1 Bun, use a brand you love.
- 1 Slice of Cheese, I used American Cheese, but you can use what you like.
- Salt and Pepper
- Greek Seasoning
Better Burger Instructions
- Set your patty on a clean surface, preferably a cutting board and lightly season with salt, pepper,and greek seasoning. Gently rub in the seasonings to help it stick to the meat.
- Take your worcestershire and slowly dribble small amounts over the patty and let it absorb into the meat.The worcestershire will create a great caramelization to the meat and adds great flavor.
- Carefully flip your patty over the other side and repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Press your thumb into the center of the meat to create a little well to ensure even cooking.
- Put a pan onto the stove top and turn the heat to medium high heat.
- Set your patty, thumbprint side up into the center of the pan and let it cook for two to three minutes. If there is black spots on the burger after you flip it, DON'T FREAK OUT! It's not burnt! That's caramelization from the worcestershire.
- Once you're about to flip, turn your heat down to low and flip your patty. The higher heat created a nice crust on the meat and we want the meat to get cooked to your preferred temperature. I like a medium well cook. So I cooked it for three to four minutes.
- Fold a paper towel into a square and place your cooked patty onto it to help absorb the grease and to let the juices redistribute.
- Put the slice of cheese on the patty and cover the patty with a pot lid to steam and melt the cheese.
- After a minute uncover the patty and place onto your bun and top with your favorite toppings.