Food: Frozen Fruit Serving Bowls For Buffets
Keeping Things Cold Naturally For Buffets
You either have the ice situation under control for your next party or you don't. What does this mean? Well of course you'll have to have ice for the beverages and anything else you want especially cold. But, what about the dishes on your buffet table. How will you keep the cold things cold. Of course you know that things left out for more that two hours without being kept cold must be thrown out. No one wants to get sick, especially from eating healthy food.
There is a way to keep things cold for hours on your outdoor buffet table. It's really not so hard. This is how you do it?
- Watermelon, Green Melon, and Musk Melon, Pineapple, and Coconut - Using a scoop, remove the fruit from the melon.
- Spaghetti Squash, Acorn Squash, Butternut Squash, Peppers, Potatoes, and Tomatoes - Scoop the insides out of the vegetables and use for lunch.
- Freeze the shells from the fruits and vegetables in freezer bags.
- When it's time to pop out the cold stuff fill the shells with various things:
- Wrap watermelon twice with clear wrap and place the potato salad inside.
- Fill Spaghetti Squash,Acorn Squash, Butternut Squash, and red, yellow, orange, and green peppers with dips, macaroni salad, and lettuce salads.,
- Fill melon shells with fruit salad, marshmello salad,spinach salad, Waldorf salad, Caesar salad, or plain ol' garden salad,
- Place dessert mixtures like the Oreo Cookie Ice Cream and pudding mixture in fruit shells of any kind. Make sure to wrap the fruit in clear wrap and leave room for the dessert in the middle.The best fruit for this is coconut, or pineapple.
- Dip strawberries in milk chocolate and place in frozen fruit bowls.
- Cut a hole in the top of a giant ice cold non-frozen watermelon and put a fifth of your favorite ice cold vodka into the melon for a special spike for the evening. Cut and serve to taste.