Kentucky Bourbon Balls
A no bake dessert
Bourbon balls are a Kentucky tradition but as Bourbon is America's national beverage of choice this recipe is simple and delicious no matter where in America you're from. I recommend the slightly sweeter honey bourbon made by Wild Turkey but any bourbon will work. You can also add less or more bourbon to the recipe depending on how much alcohol flavor you'd like and compensate with less or more dry ingredients so you have a nice texture. Chocolate lovers can dip the finished product in some melted chocolate as well.
- 1 1/2 Cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 Cup bourbon whiskey
- 3 Tbs canola oil
- 3 Cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 Cup sugar, whiskey and oil.
- Stir in wafers and mix well.
- Form the mixture into bite sized balls.
- Roll each ball in remaining confectioners' sugar so they are coated everywhere.
- Store in an airtight container. You may place them in paper lining cups like you use for cupcakes to prevent them from sticking or losing their sugar coating.