Evening Healthy Snack
Pakka Vada is a common dish in Kerala for the evening time. It is a crispy snack with little tartness and salty. It is very easy to prepare and it won't take much of your time. Try this in your home and give me your feedback.
In my recipe I used a die to make it ribbon type. The shape is not necessary. You can use hands to squeeze the dough. Moreover it is too delicious. Once you tried this your family will love it.
- 1 Cup Gram flour, Roasted
- 1 Cup Rice flour, Roasted
- 3 Tea spoon Pepper powder
- 3 Tea spoon Chilly powder
- 2 Numbers Garlic, Paste
- Half Tea spoon Turmeric Powder
- 20 gram Asafoetida
- 3 Tea spoon Fennel Seeds, Powder
- To taste Salt
- Cooking Oil
- Sufficient Water
- Half Tea spoon Ghee
- Curry leaves, fried
Making of Dish
- Make Garlic Into paste
- Mix all the powder into a Bowl and add garlic to it and mix it with ghee.
- Add sufficient water and salt
- Make the dough as shown below
- Thoroughly fill the dough in a die and squeeze the paste through die's hole and fry it in boiled oil. If you don't have die with you then small pieces of dough can make
- When the stuff become golden brown color take back and set in a paper to remove extra oil from it. Then decorate with fried curry leaves it gives good aroma