- Food and Cooking
Kesar Peda Recipe
Kesar Peda is a milk-based Indian sweet which is made by simmering milk and adding saffron, cardamom and sugar. The sweet Kesar Peda evokes many good feelings among Indians. It is a symbol of celebration during festivals, the birth of a child, marriage and so on. This milky fudge is everyone’s favorite. In Gujarat, you find a huge variety of pedas and each of them has a distinct flavor and taste.
Time required to make Kesar Peda
Ingredients required to make Kesar Peda
- 1 litre Milk (full cream)
- A few Saffron Strands (Kesar)
- ½ cup Sugar
- Two pinches of citric acid
- 4 tsp of Milk
- I tsp level of Corn Flour
- ¼ tsp Cardamom or Elaichi Powder
- 3 tps Water
- Few Almonds (chopped)
- Few Pistachios (chopped)
Method of making Kesar Peda
- Boil the milk (1 ltr) in a heavy-bottomed pan and keep stirring the milk until it becomes half the quantity.
- Warm the saffron in a tiny cup and add 2 tsps of milk and then rub it until the saffron dissolves. Add this to the boiling milk.
- Add the sugar and cook for a further five minutes.
- Mix the citric acid in three tsps of water in a cup. Add this mixture very slowly to the boiling milk until it curdles a little.
- Mix the corn flour in the remaining 2 tsps of milk and then add to the boiling milk.
- Continue to stir the milk until it becomes very thick and looks like khoya.
- Add the cardamom powder and then mix well. Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Shape the mixture into eighteen small balls.
- Place these balls in paper cups, and decorate with chopped almonds and pistachios and then serve them to family and friends.