- Food and Cooking
Cornbread Dressing Recipe
I know I usually write poetry, but I'm having a random moment. I've decided to publish my first recipe Hub. I like to cook, especially baking.
One of my favorite dishes is cornbread dressing, or dressin', as we like to say it in the South. I can eat dressin' anytime of year, and it's always a hit at family functions. In my opinion, this dish will go well with collard greens, black-eyed peas, and a big glass of sweet tea!
- 2-3 cans Chicken broth, Family size
- 1 stick Butter or Margarine
- 2 tsp. Parsley flakes, or minced fresh-leaf parsley
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Rubbed sage
- 2 tsp. Thyme, Dried and crushed, or fresh leaves
- 1/2 cup Celery, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, Chopped
- 1 package Yellow or white cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread according to its package, and let bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. When done, take out of oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, melt 1 stick of butter in a medium-sized saute pan. Add chopped onions and celery. Continue to saute vegetables for 3 minutes.
- Add rubbed sage and thyme to the sauteed vegetables. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until the onion/celery is soft. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble cornbread into pieces. Add sauteed onion & celery to the crumbled cornbread and mix well.
- Add parsley flakes to cornbread mixture and mix well.
- Pour chicken broth into cornbread mixture to soften it. Add salt & pepper for seasoning.
- Pour cornbread mixture into a glass pan. Let bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, or until slightly firm.