Delectable Barbecue Sauce for Summer Grilling
What is your favorite meat for grilling on the barbecue?
I am passionate about good barbecue. I have friends that invite me over every time they have barbecue in the summer. We have ribs, chicken, pork, and beef. The husband experiments with homemade barbecue sauces. I particularly like this one. I hope you do too.
Add my tarragon cole slaw or exceptional four bean salad on the side and you will have a have perfect barbecue meal.
- 1/4 cup shiitake or porcini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Safflower oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Saute onions in the oil for 5 minutes in large saucepan.
- Add tomato sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, apple juice, mustard, and water.
- Strain mushrooms and mash them to a paste.
- Add to pan and simmer gently for 1 hour