- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How To Make Homemade Kiwi Lime Sorbet
Homemade Kiwi Lime Sorbet
Part of the fun of making your own food is the inevitable experimentation. There's nothing like the thrill of seeing — and tasting — the sometimes spectacular results.
One example: This recipe for kiwi lime sorbet.
It combines ripe kiwi fruit and fresh lime juice into a unique, homemade frozen dessert.
As a dessert, it's conventionally sweet and smooth, and the recipe is quick and easy to make.
But the result won't look or taste like anything found in stores. And that's a good thing.
A scoop of kiwi lime sorbet comes out bright green and is dotted with beady, black kiwi seeds. The flavor is pure kiwi fruit.
- 4 ripe kiwi fruits
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Note: One batch of kiwi lime sorbet makes enough for four to five petite servings.
- Peel and quarter the kiwi fruit.
- Juice the lime.
- Dissolve 1/3 cup sugar in 1/2 cup water.
- Combine the sugar water, lime juice and chopped kiwi in a blender.
- Puree until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the specific machine's instructions. Freezing should take about 30 minutes in a small gel canister ice cream maker.
- Let the sorbet harden for an additional 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with thinly sliced bananas. Or, for contrast, try slices of yellow kiwi fruit.
What's your favorite sorbet flavor?
MORE HOMEMADE SORBET RECIPES
- Homemade Cranberry Sorbet
Homemade cranberry sorbet comes out in a bright red hue with a hint of cheery hot pink. The tart and tangy taste of cranberry makes this sorbet an unusual summer treat.
- Homemade Grapefruit Sorbet
The subdued sweetness of grapefruit sorbet is well matched by the pale pink color of each icy serving. If you'd love to try a dessert that mixes tangy and bitter flavors, this is it.
- Homemade Apricot Sorbet
Ripe apricots are some of summer's finest fruits. They're soft, sweet and swollen with coral-hued juice. Capture the fresh taste of apricots with this homemade apricot sorbet.
- Homemade Watermelon Sorbet
Few foods convey summer simplicity better than watermelon. Even when watermelon is dressed up as a sorbet, it demands little fuss and little company.
- How To Make Strawberry Sorbet
Making strawberry sorbet is surprisingly quick and easy, and the homemade product tastes of summer simplicity and sweet, strawberry goodness. All that's required: berries, sugar, water, citrus juice and an ice cream maker.
- How To Make Kiwi Lime Sorbet
Kiwi fruit makes an unusual, but tasty, sorbet ingredient. This sorbet recipe combines ripe kiwi fruit and fresh lime juice into a unique, homemade frozen dessert.
- How To Make Blueberry Sorbet
Freeze blueberries and bananas together in a homemade sorbet, and the result is a sweet, smooth scoop in the prettiest shade of pale lavender.
- How To Make Homemade Raspberry Sorbet
Looking for the perfect summer dessert? Fresh raspberry sorbet is quick and easy to make at home, and it's also delicious.
- Homemade Honey Peach Sorbet
Nothing is more summery than fresh peaches, and nothing is more welcome on a hot, sultry day than a bowl of homemade honey peach sorbet.
Stock photos accompanying this article came from this site.