- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Delicious Kuli paniyaram or Paddu or Gunta Punukulu South Indian Style Recipe
Kuli Paniyaram or Paddu or Gunta Punukulu
Tasty Kuli Paniyaram
Kuli paniyaram is a typical south Indian dish.It is also a very good starter.
This is also called as Paddu in Karnataka. In Andhra or Telugana, it is also called Gunta Punukulu. There may be lot many methods to prepare but i have shared with you a typical south Indian method of preparing kuli paniyaram. Taste it and enjoy it.
- 2 cup Dosa Batter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Big Onion, (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Bengal gram
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 green chilly, (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Refined oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
- Place the pan on the flame and pour the oil.When the oil is hot put the mustard seeds in it and let them to crackle.
- Then add the Bengal gram, chopped green chilies and curry leaves.Fry till the Bengal gram becomes golden brown.
- Pour this tempering in the dosa batter and mix well.Add salt if salt is not added in the dosa batter.
- Now in a paniyaram pan pour this batter and close the lid for it to boil.
- Open the lid and turn the pieces up side down and close the lid for few more minutes
- Your hot kuli paniyaram is ready it serve.You can serve this dish with coconut chutney, tomato chutney and coriander chutney.