LAMINGTONS Recipe [Super Easy And Delicious Australian Dessert]
How to make Lamingtons?
Lamingtons are everyone's favorite as it makes regular appearances at different events like birthday functions, hi-tea parties, fundraising nights, and get together especially in Australia. These spongy Lamingtons are perfect to celebrate Australia day. Traditionally, Lamingtons are made of a sponge cake soaked in jelly syrup or chocolate, and coated with desiccated coconut.
It is pretty simple to make these Lamingtons. You only need to make a buttery sponge cake, cut it into squares, soak in chocolate, and coat it with coconut. There are a lot of variations that can be made to make this Lamingtons extra special. Just like I did. I used jelly instead of chocolate to soak my Lamingtons.
Have you ever had these Lamingtons before?
These delicious spongy cakes are absolutely divine. Just make a homemade soft sponge cake, and dip it into chocolate or jelly, and cover it with desiccated coconut. You are going to love this Australian dessert.
Super Easy Jelly Lamingtons Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 50 grams of butter
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet raspberry or strawberry jelly
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 cup crushed coconut
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until creamy.
- Now add baking powder, flour, and melted butter.
- Mix it well and pour the mixture into a square baking tray or loaf pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180° C for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Completely cool the cake and place it into the refrigerator for one hour.
- Now cut the cake into small squares and trim off the edges.
- Now in a bowl, mix jelly with hot water.
- When it dissolved completely then add ice cubes.
- When jelly began to set then dip the sponge squares into jelly and cover it with coconut.
- Now top it with whipped cream and chill before serving.
Tips for making the perfect Lamingtons
- Make sure to measure all your ingredients before making Lamingtons.
- Grease the baking sheet, pan, or parchment paper to avoid sticking cake with the pan.
- Sponge cakes are all about beating eggs, so you need to beat your eggs perfectly to make these divine spongy Lamingtons.
- Make sure to refrigerate your sponge cake after dipping into the jelly for a divine taste.